WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1954, Fischer Connectors designs, develops and deploys end-to-end interconnect solutions for ecosystems requiring local transfer and management of data, signals and power. Its tailored electronic solutions, connectors and cable assemblies are trusted globally for their reliability in demanding environments.
Fischer Connectors is part of Conextivity Group. With nearly 600 people worldwide, four R&D centers and six manufacturing sites, the Swiss-headquartered technology group offers high-performance connectivity solutions that manage power and data flows seamlessly from sensors and devices to the cloud, enabling the emergence of new and scalable ecosystems. Conextivity comprises two core business activities: Fischer Connectors and Wearin’.
For our new Plant in Amarante, near Oporto, Portugal, we are looking for an Manufacturing Process Engineer that will be is in charge of maintaining and improve the manufacturing processes in order to improve production efficiency and quality.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE:
– New product/process introduction in production.
- Anticipate introduction of new products on the plant in Amarante for development project.
- Coordinate realization of machine parameters setting and validation.
- Documentation of manufacturing related deliverable and tests.
- Raise engineering change request for non-adapted designs.
- Adapt production routings, toolings and times.
– Continuous improvement on manufacturing processes Technical support to production.
- Lead continuous improvement projects on manufacturing processes in order to improve efficiency and reduce wastes.
- Participate to development project design review in order to improve known design issues.
- Organize training for operation team leaders and operators on specific topics
– Production Master Data validation
- Maintain and improve manufacturing routings for released products.
- Verify Master Data and manufacturing times
- Act on the maintenance processes to improve maintenance efficiency
THE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU WILL BRING
- Mechanical, Electronic, Manufacturing Engineer;
- Lean Manufacturing / Continuous improvement tools expert.
- CAO software experience (Proe/Creo);
- SAP software, in modules PP/MM.
- Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Fluent in English
- Soft skills: Rigorous, analytical and open-minded