- long cabling distances to cover;
- bandwidth limitations from legacy connectivity systems;
- and complexity from managing multiple protocols.
These challenges have fueled the demand for a smaller, lighter and more affordable version of the Ethernet – the Single Pair Ethernet (SPE). SPE uses just one pair of twisted copper wires to transmit data at speeds ranging from 10 Mbit/s to 1 Gbit/s, with Power over Data Line (PoDL) up to 52 Watts and over distances from 15 meters (at 10, 100 and 1000 Mbit/s) to 1000 meters (at 10 Mbit/s).
In a nutshell
- Compact and lightweight: two wires instead of 8 copper wires for Gigabit Ethernet
- Fast and easy to cable and repair
- Increased durability:
- Energy saving thanks to its light weight
- Higher material resistance and less cable servicing, due to more flexible cables that withstand more bending cycles
- Greater flexibility of movement for machines and robots
- Versatile connectivity solutions (with a choice of installation length, bandwidth, with or without PoDL)
- End-to-end seamless connectivity
Fischer Connectors designs, manufactures, and distributes rugged connectors and cable assemblies particularly suitable for applications requiring faultless precision, durability and resistance to extreme conditions.
We can now combine SPE’s unique features with our renowned high-reliability, high-performance, sealed connectors to take SPE connectivity to new heights and markets.
More on our Single Pair Ethernet connectivity solutions for:
- Rugged industrial applications – ideal in environments with highly corrosive cleaning solutions and water that call for #IP68-sealed solutions in #corrosionresistant material. Industrial product lines, chemical plants, industrial seaports, mines, oil rigs.
- Defense applications – ideal for UAV applications such as networking onboard controllers, sensors, and actuators.