WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1954, Fischer Connectors designs, develops and deploys end-to-end interconnect solutions for ecosystems requiring local transfer and management of data, signals and power. Its tailored electronic solutions, connectors and cable assemblies are trusted globally for their reliability in demanding environments.
Fischer Connectors is part of Conextivity Group. With nearly 600 people worldwide, four R&D centers and six manufacturing sites, the Swiss-headquartered technology group offers high-performance connectivity solutions that manage power and data flows seamlessly from sensors and devices to the cloud, enabling the emergence of new and scalable ecosystems. Conextivity comprises two core business activities: Fischer Connectors and Wearin’.
For our new Plant in Amarante, near Oporto, Portugal, we are looking for an Quality Coordinator to ensure the quality of products and processes
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE:
- Mastering internal rules and decision-making for Product Quality criteria: final product, sub-assemblies, components, raw materials,…
- Monitoring of Quality indicators, and implementation of actions and methodologies for continuous improvement.
- Conducting/coordinating internal audits
- Validation of new products (components, raw materials, sub-assemblies. finished product), equipment and/or new processes
- Training of production and inspection operators in the rules, instructions, procedures, and quality standards.
- Handling of internal and external non-conformities, acceptance decisions, waivers, rework or scrap, technical analysis, piloting 8Ds, problem solving…
- Monitoring of suppliers’ evaluation
- Management of the calibration plan.
- Animation of Quality work sessions, preparation of work instructions, control specifications, procedures,…
- Participation in new product and process development projects to support Product Quality (design reviews, AMDEC/FMEA, qualification plans, process validation, control plans, FAI,…).
THE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU WILL BRING
Technical knowledge in mechanics, electricity, electronics, drawing interpretation, injection processes, welding, surface treatment, assembly processes and testing processes.
Knowledge of the fundamentals of Quality, Environment and Safety (Standards ISO 9001, ISO 45001, ISO14001, corrective and preventive action, 8D, 5M, FMEA…) ISO 13845 (would be a « plus »,);
- Abilities in the use of measurement and control equipment.
- Knowledge of audit practices.
- Leadership and people management.
- Capacity for analysis and decision making
- Proficiency in IT tools, Word, Excel, SAP (would be a « plus »);
- Languages: English (spoken, written), French (would be a « plus »)
- Ability to work in a team, open minded, good communication capacity
- Proactivity, rigor, and autonomy