CONEXTIVITY is looking for a Senior Strategic Buyer to (a) sustain our current panel of suppliers, (b) develop new partnerships to support the growth of the company and (c) expand our geographical footprint in Europe, Asia & US.
For cable assemblies & electronics products, the successful applicant will define the strategy with suppliers and lead the following commodities: cable, contract manufacturing, 3rd party suppliers & distributors, PCB & PCBA.
The position will be based in Portugal and reports to CONEXTIVITY headquarters located in Switzerland.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE:
- Negotiating cost reduction based on cost models, reverse engineering, industry benchmark
- Identifying best-in class suppliers thanks to continuous benchmarks (technology, lead time, quality, cost)
- Allocating business between our pool of suppliers to reach our KPI of service level, quality and cost
- Qualifying new suppliers with Quality, Procurement and Engineering and enabling a successful ramp-up
- Negotiating contracts of supply with international suppliers
- Following-up performance of suppliers (service level, quality, cost) and any corrective actions
- Mitigating possible risks of supply chain disruption (dual sourcing, contract of supply, safety stock …)
- Building strong relationships to identify new technological trends and share them internally with engineering design team
- For the development of new products, supporting engineering and suppliers (design reviews, prototype to series production)
THE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU WILL BRING
- Engineering background with a Bachelor’s Degree in electrical, electronics, mechanical or mechatronics engineering
- 5+ year working with international suppliers for : electronics, cables, contract manufacturing
- 5+ year in a similar position within an international company
- Communicate and negotiate with international suppliers
- Advanced analytical and reporting skills
- Create and maintain suppliers’ KPI
- Generate business analysis
- Motivate & document decisions
- Fluent in English (C1 minimum), Fluent in Portuguese, French is a Plus
- Travel (up to 20%; Europe, Asia and US)