WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1954, Fischer Connectors designs, develops and deploys end-to-end interconnect solutions for ecosystems requiring local transfer and management of data, signals and power. Its tailored electronic solutions, connectors and cable assemblies are trusted globally for their reliability in demanding environments.
Fischer Connectors is part of Conextivity Group. With nearly 600 people worldwide, four R&D centers and six manufacturing sites, the Swiss-headquartered technology group offers high-performance connectivity solutions that manage power and data flows seamlessly from sensors and devices to the cloud, enabling the emergence of new and scalable ecosystems. Conextivity comprises two core business activities: Fischer Connectors and Wearin’.
For our new Plant in Amarante, near Oporto, Portugal, we are looking for an Maintenance Coordinator. You will be responsible for both equipment and infrastructure/building, must assure the correct functioning via preventive or corrective maintenance. Must have defined & follow a preventive maintenance plan, act on equipment stoppages (corrective maintenance) and perform corrective actions in order to increase equipment availability and improve MTBF, MTF and MTR.
Must assure the team rightsizing and act on team skills assuring a healthy work environment in the area that enhances the individual growth & continuous improvement mindset.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE:
- Ensure the availability and management of generic assembly machine programs
- Maintain & optimize facilities (including facilities equipment’s) assuring that any issue with the plant is dealt internally or via supplier.
- Ensure technical support for assembly machine setup.
- Take the lead in the certification processes such as Energy, building or supporting plant certification
- Identify quality/cost/productivity improvement opportunities with production and methods and contribute to implementation.
- Define good preventive maintenance and TPM practices to guarantee the correct operation of the machines
- Manage corrective interventions in the shortest possible time.
- Manage the stock of spare parts and tools
- Define the organization of the team according to the needs and strategy of the company
- Manage resources according to the workload, define the strategy of polyvalency in the team.
- Team Development (assure the required skills and performance).
- Assure the plant objective accomplishments via plant maintenance team.
- Motivate the employees and maintain a good state of mind and collaboration within the team.
- Challenge current practices and promote suggestions for improvement.
- Enforce compliance with company rules.
- Team coaching in problem solving.
- Collaborate with production, methods, supply planning, PQA
- Ensure people & goods safety.
- Define the maintenance strategy for each piece of equipment according to the production requirements and respecting the costs.
THE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU WILL BRING
- Minimum technical training: mechanical / automation / electrical
- Excellent knowledge Machine Maintenance in industry environment
- Excellent notions in mechanical assembly
- Experience in team management
- Knowledge in SAP and Excel
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills