WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1954, Fischer Connectors designs, develops and deploys end-to-end interconnect solutions for ecosystems requiring local transfer and management of data, signals and power. Its tailored electronic solutions, connectors and cable assemblies are trusted globally for their reliability in demanding environments.
Fischer Connectors is part of Conextivity Group. With nearly 600 people worldwide, four R&D centers and six manufacturing sites, the Swiss-headquartered technology group offers high-performance connectivity solutions that manage power and data flows seamlessly from sensors and devices to the cloud, enabling the emergence of new and scalable ecosystems. Conextivity comprises two core business activities: Fischer Connectors and Wearin’.
For our new Plant in Amarante, near Oporto, Portugal, we are looking for an Production Supervisor:
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE:
– Ensuring quality, costs and delivery deadlines.
– Organising your team’s work. (Who, what, when, where) according to the production plan defined by the schedule.
– Monitoring productivity, quality and delivery time indicators in relation to the objectives defined by the assembly manager. Identify and analyse the causes of deviation.
– Monitor the implementation of agreed solutions.
– Communicate as soon as possible to the planning and assembly manager any event that prevents the objectives from being guaranteed.
– Ensure that machinery, equipment and tools are in good working order, relying on maintenance and technical support for processes and tools.
– Ensure the execution of TPM according to the established procedures and plan.
– Troubleshooting, proposing and implementing improvements.
– Ensure staff training: identify training needs, plan training by delegating to responders or requesting to technicians, for new employees in their lines.
– Monitor compliance with standards (QES, MOP, etc.)
– Ensure safety at work stations and their culture.
– Managing holidays and various absences.
– Aligning the team with priorities, motivating, listening and communicating.
– Ensuring compliance with rules and enforcement of staff regulations.
– Monitoring personal effectiveness by providing oral feedback.
– Prepares annual appraisals of your team, and carries these out with the manager.
THE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU WILL BRING
– Higher education;
– Proven experience in similar roles;
– Specific industrial knowledge according to the scope of activity (mechanical, micro-technical, electrical) or equivalent training/experience is required.
– Oral communication skills, team player and synergy seeker.
– Dynamic, agile, impartial, empathetic and open to change
– Resistance to pressure
– Analytical skills
– Basic knowledge of Excel and Outlook
– Basic knowledge of Lean Manufacturing (5S, Kanban,…)
– Management experience = a plus
– Advanced level of English both verbal and written. French is a plus;