The engineering intern will drive product development by completing assigned duties with minimal supervision and timely manner.
You will be responsible for documenting engineering approach from concept to production in alignment with the Product Development Process deliverables.
- Support the business from Engineering and Manufacturing perspectives in all aspects of electrical connectors, cable assembly design and fabrication processes.
- Assist in product development activities, translating product requirements into technical specifications, driving concept development and idea generation to the design of components and assemblies using 3D CAD tools.
- Assist in design review of project/product, design verification, design validation, product qualification plan, and key milestones of new development.
- Work effectively within multi-functional, multi-location project teams.
- Assist in ensuring product quality through the use of relevant international standards, engineering tools, and internal Fischer norms.
- Bring competences needed in the team for innovation and continuous improvement by providing technical advice, recommendations, and methodology for problem-solving (i.e. know-how/tools/methods).
- Research and apply standards and procedures relevant to the connector and cable assembly industry.
- Investigate and analyze failures of connectors and cable assemblies.
- Create prototype cable assemblies to verify manufacturability.
- Research non-Fischer items to meet customer requirements.
- Support process improvement and troubleshooting efforts by the Manufacturing team.
- Senior year in an Engineering degree. Mechanical, Mechatronics or Electrical preferred.
- SolidWorks CAD modeling
- Excel / Windows office
- Familiar with standard engineering designs, practices, procedures, and drafting concepts
- Efficient time management
- Ability to use electrical test equipment
- Good communication skills and team player, focused on achieving best team outcomes through collaboration
- Ability to work cross functionally to ensure proposed solutions can be supported by other departments
- Demonstrate strong interest to new product development.